Mirsens aims at providing an overview of the state of the art in the field of optical and laser-based detection of various gases with the absorption features in the mid-infrared spectral range. The workshop will especially promote and encourage interactions between academic and industrial research institutions and will address scientific and technological challenges associated with both the latest developments and future prospects. It will be organised by a combination of invited lectures given by world-class experts in particular fields and series of contributed talks, complemented by afternoon poster session to presented mostly by young researchers and students.
The main workshop topics are
- Novel semiconductor structures and materials for the mid-infrared
- Exploring the electronic and optical properties of the device active regions
- Recent progress in mid-infrared laser sources and detectors
- Developments in laser-based gas sensing and related techniques
- New application prospects in the MIR and beyond